Open Access Resources
Chapters from books
- Israel, M. (2017). Ethical Imperialism? Exporting Research Ethics to the Global South. In R. Iphofen & M. Tolich (Eds.), The SAGE Handbook of Qualitative Research Ethics. SAGE (in press). Pre-print version here.
- Jones, E. M., and Tansey, E. M. (Eds.) (2016). Medical Genetics: Development of Ethical Dimensions in Clinical Practice and Research. Wellcome Witnesses to Contemporary Medicine, vol. 57. London: Queen Mary University of London.
- Barrett, D.H., Ortmann, L.H., Dawson, A., Saenz, C., Reis, A., Bolan, G. (Eds.) (2016). Public Health Ethics Analysis: Cases Spanning the Globe, Volume 3. Springer Open.
- Resnik, D.B. (2017): Research Ethics Timeline (1932-Present). National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.
- Ravinetto, R., Tinto, H., Diro, E., et al. (2016). It is time to revise the international Good Clinical Practices guidelines: recommendations from non- commercial North–South collaborative trials. BMJ Global Health 2016;1: e000122. doi:10.1136/ bmjgh-2016-000122.
- Ouwe Missi Oukem-Boyer, O., Munung, N.S., and Tangwa, G.B. (2016). Small is beautiful: demystifying and simplifying standard operating procedures: a model from the ethics review and consultancy committee of the Cameroon Bioethics Initiative. BMC Medical Ethics (2016) 17:27.
- House, D.R., Marete, I., Meslin, E.M. (2016). To research (or not) that is the question: ethical issues in research when medical care is disrupted by political action: a case study from Eldoret, Kenya. J Med Ethics 2016; 42:61–65.
- Resnik, D.B. (2015): What is Ethics in Research & Why is it Important? National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.
- Benatar, S.R., Singer, P.A. (2010). Responsibilities in international research: a new look revisited. J Med Ethics 2010; 36:194-197 [Open Access here].
- CAAST-Net Plus Project (2016). Africa-EU Research Collaboration on Health: A Critical Analysis of the Scope, Outputs and Potential Outcomes.
- Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues (2016). Bioethics For Every Generation. Deliberation and Education in Health, Science, and Technology. Washington D.C.
- MEASURE Evaluation (2016). Community-based Health Information Systems in the Global Context: a Review of the Literature.
- International Food Policy Research Institute (2016). Global Nutrition Report 2016: From Promise to Impact: Ending Malnutrition by 2030. Washington, DC.
- Agriculture For Impact. A Montpellier Panel Briefing Paper (2016). Set For Success: Climate-Proofing The Malabo Declaration.
- Particip (2016). Evaluation of the EU support to research and innovation for development in partner countries (2007-2013) Final Report.
Case Study Resources
- UNESCO (2011). Casebook on Human Dignity and Human Rights, Bioethics Core Curriculum. Casebook Series, No. 1.
- UNESCO (2011). Casebook on Benefit and Harm, Bioethics Core Curriculum Casebook Series, No. 2.
- WHO (2009). Casebook on Ethical Issues in International Research.
- AHRECS The AHRECS website lists about 500 open access items on social research ethics.